Close

    • Liter bikes going at it on the highway - BMW S1000rr vs Kawasaki ZX14R vs Kawasaki ZX10R vs Suzuki GSX-R 1000

      Car content tends to dominate the discussion on the network but it's certainly fun to see some different content from time to time. Here is something different as a small group of liter bikes goes out on the highway to have a bit of fun. And fun they do have as the 1 minute into the video you can see one of the bikes flies right by a cop car on the highway. That is quite big of a 'whoops' moment right there but fortunately things go smoothly after that.


      The video is fairly long at 15 minutes but there is plenty of racing content. The bikes are all modified and the breakdown is as follows:

      -WildB 175lbs---04 ZX-10R: lowered, Intake cam, thin head gasket, Akrapovic, OZ wheels, -1f/+2r sprockets.
      -Ness 165lbs---BMW S1000RR: Akrapovic, Strapped front, -1f/+1r sprockets, factory QS.
      -MrAssholebyNature 205lbs---Gen2 ZX-14R: lowered, Brocks, Woolich flash, PCV, QS.
      -Stinky 200+lbs---Gen3 ZX-10R: TwoBrothers pipe, not much else.
      -Black Indian 200ish lbs---09 GSXR 1000: Yoshi pipe, lots of chrome.
      -Keith 200+lbs---Gen1 ZX-14: Full Brocks, geared, unknown if other mods.

      Enjoy:

      This article was originally published in forum thread: How fast is an s1000rr? started by StinkyM View original post
      Comments 22 Comments
      1. StinkyM's Avatar
        StinkyM -
        I'm on the front page $#@!es. My life goals are accomplished. Thanks sticky.
      1. leveraged sellout's Avatar
        leveraged sellout -
        I need a bike. Preferably an HP4. But a regular S1000 would be just fine.
      1. BrenM3's Avatar
        BrenM3 -
        S1000RR are several restricted and need real reflash tuning, There is a ZX10 vs S1000 shootout roll racing + dyno every year, and this year the s1000 dominated. Flash + exhaust + 95+ octane are making 200+ SAEwhp.

        http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Joe-...-Dyno-Shootout

        the fast bikes were prepped by www.brentuning.com Click here to enlarge
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        $#@!ing idiots in that video.
      1. Stevenh's Avatar
        Stevenh -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        $#@!ing idiots in that video.
        Yup, the inevitable is more a matter of 'when' than 'if'. Hopefully no one innocent is hurt in the process.
      1. StinkyM's Avatar
        StinkyM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
        S1000RR are several restricted and need real reflash tuning, There is a ZX10 vs S1000 shootout roll racing + dyno every year, and this year the s1000 dominated. Flash + exhaust + 95+ octane are making 200+ SAEwhp.

        http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Joe-...-Dyno-Shootout

        the fast bikes were prepped by www.brentuning.com Click here to enlarge
        The blue one is tuned by Bren Tuning.
      1. StinkyM's Avatar
        StinkyM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        $#@!ing idiots in that video.
        Oh really?
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
        Oh really?
        Yes, really.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
        Yup, the inevitable is more a matter of 'when' than 'if'. Hopefully no one innocent is hurt in the process.
        Exactly the point I was making. I ride a motorcycle too, and I'm always scanning everything around me to avoid an accident. What those guys were doing is COMPLETELY IDIOTIC. Not only for themselves, but all the other people around them that they were passing on the left AND RIGHT at high triple digit speeds. Trust me, if one of those $#@!s had done that to me with my kids in the car, I would have caught up to them and beat the living $#@! out of them.
      1. Blaizon's Avatar
        Blaizon -
        It'd be pretty hard to catch up...
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
        It'd be pretty hard to catch up...
        LOL - true, but you can be damn sure I'd try.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
        My life goals are accomplished.
        I think you can aim higher Click here to enlarge
      1. StinkyM's Avatar
        StinkyM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Exactly the point I was making. I ride a motorcycle too, and I'm always scanning everything around me to avoid an accident. What those guys were doing is COMPLETELY IDIOTIC. Not only for themselves, but all the other people around them that they were passing on the left AND RIGHT at high triple digit speeds. Trust me, if one of those $#@!s had done that to me with my kids in the car, I would have caught up to them and beat the living $#@! out of them.
        You wouldn't have done anything keyboard warrior. You would struggle to catch the slowest bike in the group.
      1. Stevenh's Avatar
        Stevenh -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
        Oh really?
        Yes, really. You're one inattentive driver or piece of road debris away from becoming a 300 yard long smear on the highway.
      1. StinkyM's Avatar
        StinkyM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
        Yes, really. You're one inattentive driver or piece of road debris away from becoming a 300 yard long smear on the highway.
        I think I'll be ok. I wasn't racing near traffic. They were. I made sure when I ran it was clear.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
        I think I'll be ok. I wasn't racing near traffic. They were. I made sure when I ran it was clear.
        Famous last words...
      1. StinkyM's Avatar
        StinkyM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Famous last words...
        Cause you know me so well.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
        Cause you know me so well.
        No, but it says a lot about someone who does what those guys in the video were doing and thinks there's nothing wrong with it. Even if you say, "I made sure when I ran it was clear."

        That's great, but going fast on public roads is all about minimizing risk. Making sure no one else is on the road when doing it is a good start and shows that you're looking out for others, but at those speeds a nail, piece of a tire, bird, deer, dog, piece of debris....any number of very small things that could go wrong, especially at those speeds, and you would be vaporized. Hey man, I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, if anything I'm just looking out for a fellow motorcyclist! Be safe out there!!
      1. sammy_0559's Avatar
        sammy_0559 -
        Looks like Mexican roads of DFW lol cant wait to get my car running again. been itching to go fast for a while now.
      1. StinkyM's Avatar
        StinkyM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sammy_0559 Click here to enlarge
        Looks like Mexican roads of DFW lol cant wait to get my car running again. been itching to go fast for a while now.
        No sir. This I assure you was garland, Mexico.